Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Reason To Be Thankful!!!


Psalms 136:1-3
Psalm 136
1 O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 O give thanks unto the God of gods:
for his mercy endureth for ever.
3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords:
for his mercy endureth for ever.


This is one of 22 references in Psalms to give thanks. Obviously thanksgiving is important especially in reference to praise and worship. We are not requested or suggested to be grateful for God's bountiful blessings but we are commanded to be thankful. Well I don't need to be commanded to give thanks because I'm eternally grateful to God for His goodness to me and my family. His goodness has preceded me by blessing my parents against all odds. My father had a third grade education and lost his mother at the age of three and my mother didn't graduate high school and lost her mother at the age of 8 but I having lost both of them when I was between 37 and 40 years of age grew up with both my parents. That's a reason for gratitude!! I am a writer, singer, producer and instrumentalist that travels the world proclaiming the gospel and teaching praise and worship to many. All the prayers my parents prayed for me and my siblings are being answered today. I am divorced and remarried to my soulmate and God is richly blessing our lives together. We just celebrated 8 years of marriage although we have known each other over 30 years!! God's favor over our ministry is almost overwhelming and together we have 9 children and 5 grandchildren and another on the way!! Complaining is an option for some but not in my case. I'm not strung out, broke,sick,lost... The list goes on. I'm not homeless!! The thank you list outweighs the complaint list!! God is great and greatly to be praised. If you're alive you have a reason to be thankful!! Thank Him today and everyday and you won't have time to complain!! Happy Thanksgiving to you all and God bless from Timstrel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment